- Edit episodes on deadline, working closely with Senior Video Producer and answering to Supervising Producer and Executive Producer.
- Ensure timely export and delivery of program to broadcasters/distributors.
- Work with team to design and create graphic elements that illustrate big concepts and convey complex information for maximum impact.
- Execute weekly design tasks to ensure consistent show branding.
- Collaborate actively with Engagement/Communications Director to create social media content.
- Prepare call sheets.
- Coordinate graphics and B roll delivery to in-studio crew.
- Work with director and freelance crews to shoot field reports with the capacity to operate independently as needed.
- Inventory equipment before and after shoots.
- Maintain media archive of episodes and all studio/field content in a transparent and consistent way, creating new systems as needed.
- Oversee maintenance, storage and upkeep of company equipment, advising on new purchases and repair in timely fashion.
- Maintain database of freelance personnel.
- 2+ years experience in TV or video production
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Media Encoder)
- Demonstrable familiarity with the use of social media for social justice.
This is a part time position based in Brooklyn, NY. $30k - $45 based on experience and skills. Laura Flanders Limited is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ persons and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Contact: Steve Martinez-Partida at Steve@lauraflanders.org. Start Date: 12/1/2018