Technical Director: The Laura Flanders Show
FT 35-55k (depending on experience)
The Technical Director works closely with the Supervising Producer and a small production team produce weekly episodes and promotional material. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in editing and directing interviews as well as documentary content. Candidates should have strong familiarity with economic and social justice movements and a passion for uplifting the work of grassroots and community organizing campaigns. The ideal candidate is comfortable with all aspects of production and capable of leading a small team of editors, shooters, and graphic designers.
The Senior Editor/Producer is a technical director responsible for the visual look of the show and directs camera operators during studio and field shoots. The ideal candidate should be able to think on their feet, effectively problem solve during studio and field shoots, and work to facilitate the smooth operation of a fast-paced production team with high-priority weekly deadlines. This position reports to the Supervising Producer and Executive Producer.
- Content development: Pitch, pursue, and identify guests with a healthy quotient of headline ("name") guests and others within agreed parameters and interest areas of program.
- Book such segments and guests
- Daily check-in with Senior Editor/Producer on progression of show post-production
- Prepare host with all relevant research and pre-interview materials including draft introductions and continuity texts
- Oversee production and post-production of full length (25min) program for TV as well as promotional and social media shorts as required.
- Update staff calendars and schedules in timely fashion securing staff for production within agreed upon budget and overseeing shoots (Includes but is not limited to once monthly in-studio shoot.)
- Hires and fires production staff (in consultation with EP).
- Oversees post production, monitoring editing and motion graphics staff for consistency and appearance.
- Collaborates actively with engagement director to increase audience and reach.
- Serves as liaison between key partners, YouTube, Link TV, FSTV, MNN and other distributors. Works with promotions staff to increase audience and distribution of program.
- Program development, as resources permit, the SP may develop new content, including field-produced pieces and events etc. in line with show priorities.
- Operates in transparent and collaborative fashion, sharing guest contact information and growing organizational reach and alliances of program.
Work Experience: 5+ years in production.
Deep familiarity with contemporary social and economic justice movements issues
Proven track record of producing original digital content with unique and creative angles on deadline.
Non-Technical Skills: Strong writing and organizational skills
Excellent communication and ability to work closely with others
Strong editorial judgment
Strong creativity and leadership skills
Please email your resume, a letter making your case, and a link to your reel or comparable work illustrating your talents. Email: email@example.com.
This is a full time position based in New York, at Chelsea office with some flexibility.
Competitive non-profit salary and benefits (for full time). Laura Flanders Limited is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ persons and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.